Learn more about Amazon Prime. Editions Rodopi January Language: Be the first to review this item Amazon Best Sellers Rank: Related Video Shorts 0 Upload your video.
Books by David Bevan
Customer reviews There are no customer reviews yet. Share your thoughts with other customers.
- Rice and Mashed Potatoes!
- Joy in the Mourning: Including Choosing Your Feelings by child author Sarah M. Hunter!
- War in Literature and Drama - Military History - Oxford Bibliographies;
- Renewing Pastoral Practice: Trinitarian Perspectives on Pastoral Care and Counselling (Explorations in Practical, Pastoral and Empirical Theology);
Write a customer review. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Get fast, free shipping with Amazon Prime.
Books by David Bevan
Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. View or edit your browsing history. Get to Know Us. English Choose a language for shopping.
Other Subject Areas
Riggs offers over three hundred literary works in a three-volume set designed for the avid reader of war literature or the teacher searching for classroom selections. Bevan provides an early essay collection on a number of diverse wars, and Vernon collects essays that span the Trojan War to the earlyst-century war in Afghanistan. McLoughlin provides an edited Cambridge Companion that studies the concept of war from the Bible to the 21st-century War on Terror.
Krimmer studies the treatment of war in German literature, and Goldensohn juxtaposes the poets of World War I with those of Vietnam.
Books by David Bevan (Author of The Unbelievables)
Norris spans the wars of the 20th century and considers as well the related subjects of the Manhattan Project and Hiroshima. Rodopi Perspectives on Modern Literature 3. Brings together fourteen essays by scholars in the field who consider the literary responses to a variety of wars, including the Great War, the Spanish Civil War, the Vietnam War, the French Resistance, war in Uruguay, and Portuguese colonial war literature as well as postmodern Colonialism and literary war strategies.
Columbia University Press, Includes relevant chapters on four poets of the world wars: Auden, Keith Douglas, and Randall Jarrell. The Representation of War in German Literature: From to the Present.
- Numerische Behandlung gewöhnlicher und partieller Differenzialgleichungen: Ein interaktives Lehrbuch für Ingenieure (German Edition)!
- Favorite Songs Songbook: Sing in the Barbershop Quartet, Volume 3;
- Rodopi Perspectives on Modern Literature.
- Physics in Biology and Medicine (Complementary Science).
- A Word From The Word.
- Literature and war / edited by David Bevan | National Library of Australia!
- The Works of Elizabeth Gaskell (Annotated).
Cambridge University Press, Provides a solid overview of the way that war has been portrayed in German literature from the 17th-century Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars through the world wars and the more recent conflicts in Yugoslavia and Iraq. Focuses in particular on eight writers: The Cambridge Companion to War Writing.
Cambridge Companions to Literature. Collects twenty essays by scholars in the field that examine both the commonalities and the differences of wars and that focus on a wide variety of topics: Writing War in the Twentieth Century.
University Press of Virginia, The Literature of War. Literature of Society Series. Introduction by Kate McLoughlin.
A substantial work that contains over twelve hundred pages of thematically organized selections on war. Includes suggestions for further reading.