Take time to internalize this example. Start by simply adding the kick on beat 1. This can sound complicated, but Purdie is just playing quarter notes with the hi-hat foot, which makes the coordination easier.
In this case, the hi-hat pedal closes on beat 2. Notice that in this groove the snare and bass drum are played simultaneously on beat 3 of the second measure.
- Ralph Peterson Jazz Drumming Demystified.
- Echo of Silence (North Coast Mystery Book 1).
- Must-Know Grooves – Demystifying the Half-Time Shuffle.
- Progressive Drumming Essentials.
- Jazz Drumming Lessons include:.
- Progressive Drumming Essentials, Part 2: Demystifying Polyrhythms.
Be sure to take it slowly at first. Ralph Peterson is one of those rare individuals whose ability to concisely articulate the hows and whys of jazz drumming is equal to his fantastic playing.
This video is loaded with educated, experienced, and practical insights on general and specific levels across the complete spectrum of this art. It may take several repeated viewings to really take home everything he has to convey.
- Product details;
- Which drummers defined this groove?!
- Promis, demain jarrête! (French Edition)?
- Progressive Drumming Essentials, Part 2: Demystifying Polyrhythms - Modern Drummer Magazine.
- Must-Know Grooves - Demystifying the Half-Time Shuffle - Modern Drummer Magazine.
- FROM ZERO TO HERO:How to Master the Art of SELLING CARS;
- Geekonomics: The Real Cost of Insecure Software (paperback).
- Oye Mi Canto.
- Linear Algebra (Modular Mathematics Series).
- What are the characteristics of the half-time shuffle?!
- Bubble Universe (A Short Story).
- Proliferation Control Regimes: Background and Status.
Most of the time watching a video feels like watching a video. Ralph Peterson's personality and communicative ability come across so well it almost feels like he's in the room with the viewer. There are ensemble playing examples where he will walk the viewer through parts of the song and explain what he's playing, why he's playing it, and the relationship between what he's playing and what is being played by the other musicians in the ensemble.
There is much more, but suffice to say that this is a great video for drummers looking to develop musicality in both accompaniment and solos. This can't be true. It's Ralph Peterson, one of the greatest jazz drummers of our time, providing a thorough and understandable method for working towards mastery.
I bought it after seeing some clips of it on youtube and I freaked out. My experience with many drum videos has been that they lack a cohesive program. This is totally different. It's very well thought out and logically sequenced. Ralph provides a great understanding about playing from the mechanics to being able to play in context. Like the great drum books Chapin, Reed, etc.
I'm looking forward to spending lots of time working through this. Peterson is one hell of a drummer and teacher. Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway.
Set up a giveaway. Feedback If you need help or have a question for Customer Service, contact us. Would you like to report poor quality or formatting in this book? Click here Would you like to report this content as inappropriate? Click here Do you believe that this item violates a copyright? There's a problem loading this menu right now. Get fast, free shipping with Amazon Prime. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations.
Jazz Drumming Lesson with Ralph Peterson "Jazz Drumming Demystified"
View or edit your browsing history. Get to Know Us. English Choose a language for shopping. Not Enabled Word Wise: Not Enabled Screen Reader: