Barkou Libori, and A. Martijn de Sterke, and L. Citing articles from OSA journals and other participating publishers are listed here.
Heat transfer within a microstructured polymer optical fibre preform - IOPscience
Alert me when this article is cited. Click here to see a list of articles that cite this paper. Optical testing of the single mode guiding of the microstructured polymer optical fibre MPOF. The white patches in the images a and c are due to overexposure of the camera.
The holes of the fibre are located at the positions where indents are observed in the mode profile of the second mode. Login or Create Account.
Martijn de Sterke, and Nicolae A. Nicorovici, "Microstructured polymer optical fibre," Opt.
- Rainbow-Trading: Erfolgreich Trendbewegungen handeln (German Edition).
- Hollow-core microstructured polymer optical fiber. - PubMed - NCBI!
- Go Ahead, Talk to Strangers: The Modern Girls Guide to Fearless Networking?
- Exile on Wall Street: One Analysts Fight to Save the Big Banks from Themselves.
- Exploring Web 2.0: Second Generation Interactive Tools.
- Result Filters?
- Live Writing: Breathing Life into Your Words?
Express 9 , August 23, Revised Manuscript: September 14, Published: Abstract The first microstructured polymer optical fibre is described. Ring structures in microstructured polymer optical fibres Alexander Argyros, Ian M. Opening up optical fibres Felicity M.
- Lalphabet des petites bêtes (Mon premier alphabet) (French Edition).
- Microstructures in Polymer Fibres for Optical Fibres, THz Waveguides, and Fibre-Based Metamaterials.
- Hollow-core microstructured polymer optical fiber..
- Lost Letters to Leigh.
- At the Waters Edge: A Walk in the Wild.
- Microstructures in Polymer Fibres for Optical Fibres, THz Waveguides, and Fibre-Based Metamaterials?
- Supplemental Content;
Stable imprinting of long-period gratings in microstructured polymer optical fibre M. Continuous wave ultraviolet light-induced fiber Bragg gratings in few- and single-mode microstructured polymer optical fibers Kyriacos Kalli, Alexander Argyros, Helen Dobb, David J. Electron micrographs of the microstructured polymer optical fibre MPOF. Optics Express Andrew M. Please login to set citation alerts. Equations displayed with MathJax.
A two-dimensional conductive heat transfer model with surface radiation was used in simulating the transient heat transfer in MPOF preforms with the results compared to those for a solid preform. It was found that relatively long heating times were required to reach a uniform temperature distribution within a preform, and that depending on the preform's air fraction its centre could heat up either faster or slower than a solid preform.
Experimental tests, where both a solid and an air-structured preform were heated in a drawing furnace with internal temperatures measured across the preform, confirmed the findings from the numerical simulations. The computer you are using is not registered by an institution with a subscription to this article.
Please log in below. Find out more about journal subscriptions at your site. If you would like to buy this article, but not online, please contact custserv iop. To gain access to this content, please complete the Recommendation Form and we will follow up with your librarian or Institution on your behalf. Corporate researchers and Institutional subscribers.