The Man in the Cage. Strange People, Queer Notions. Ecce and Old Earth. A Century of Science Fiction. The Dogtown Tourist Agency. The Potters of Firsk and Other Stories.
Vandals of the Void. The World-Thinker and Other Stories. The Domains of Koryphon. The Dragon Masters and Other Stories. The Moon Moth and Other Stories.
The houses of Iszm and other stories
De Pleasant Grove Moorden. This is Me, Jack Vance. The Languages of Pao. Son of the Tree and Other Stories. The House on Lily Street.
- Publication: The Houses of Iszm and Other Stories.
- Turkey’s Europeanization: Conspiracy or Democracy? (On Turkey)!
- Wise Teacher, Wise Student: Tibetan Approaches To A Healthy Relationship.
- Losing Yourself?
- Simply Brilliant Ideas & Projects for Sailboats & Power to Customize Your Boat and Prepare the Crew for Cruising!: Boatloads of Hints, Tips, and Great Ideas! To Save You Time, Money, and Problems!.
- A Concise Dictionary of Markets and Investing.
How to write a great review. The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long. Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Speculiction Review of The Houses of Iszm and Other Stories by Jack Vance
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information. You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
- Double-jeu à Roland-Garros (French Edition);
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Haumont 14-16 : Lor et la boue (ROMANS MEMOIRE) (French Edition).
- Tanjoubi-uranai YOUR BIRTHDAY 1/13 (Japanese Edition).
- The House of Iszm and Other Stories?
- Die 7 Schriftrollen (German Edition).
Item s unavailable for purchase. Please review your cart.
You can remove the unavailable item s now or we'll automatically remove it at Checkout. The inhabitants of a planet called Iszm, a species known as the Iszic, have evolved the native giant trees into living homes, with all needs and various luxuries supplied by the trees' own natural growth. The Iszic maintain a jealously guarded monopoly, exporting only enough trees to keep prices high and make a great profit.
Ailie Farr is a human botanist who goes to Iszm like many others before him, of many species to try to steal a female tree, which might allow the propagation of the species off world and break the monopoly. The Houses of Iszm exhibits some of the stylistic elements that would come to characterize many of Vance's later works: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Works by Jack Vance. Ports of Call Lurulu. This is Me, Jack Vance!